Happy Tuesday! Got to love a week that's half done after Tuesday thanks to a Friday holiday!!
I stumbled across a blog this morning that is incredible! While losing a large amount of weight is a wonderful achievement and something to be proud of, our bodies don't look the way we imagined. I'm not toned and tight in all the areas I want to be. The lose skin on my thighs is kinda gross actually. I decided to stop looking at that skin as a negative but more the reminder of the work I've put in to get healthy. My thighs are daily reminders of where I don't want to be again. The blog, http://imperfectlife.net/ilovemyuglybody/, points out all the things my imperfect body can do now that it NEVER could do before! Powerful!
Hope you take a moment to check it out and be inspired! Make it great!
I really enjoyed your comments, Robyn. It reminded me of the story of the cracked water vessel. For those of you who don't know it, you can read about it here:
ReplyDeletehttp://amazingwomenrock.com/the-story-of-the-cracked-pot-for-anyone-whos-not-quite-perfect
I try to never focus on my body's "flaws." I prefer to think of all it accomplishes in a day. My limbs are all intact and work, I have no major disease. I have the energy to go about my days without fatigue or pain. So I don't have six pack abs. Guess what? I don't really care. ;-) My body is amazing in all that it accomplishes and I am so glad to have it.
Thanks, Annie! After losing the weight I just assumed I would love my new body! It's a struggle at times because it doesn't look how I imagined it would! Some days I feel like I walk head up and proud and other days I stare at the ground hoping no one notices me! Each day is a new one though and I'm getting better about accepting my body as it is. I did this to myself, it's okay. Never again!
ReplyDelete