Thursday, May 29, 2014

10 Mistakes Women Make in the Gym

So I've been blessed with two people in my life that are fitness instructors and my friends. Amy Hester, my running coach, I've known since elementary school and Girl Scouts, and Nathan Trenteseaux, my trainer and motivator, owns Underground Fitness Revolution in Alachua. I've know Nate since high school. Nate's the man! He tells it like it is and has the philosophy that women should be strong, physically, emotionally and spiritually.  I go to Nate with all of my questions or concerns on weights and form. He's been a BIG part of my progress to date!

Amy has helped me get stronger and faster with my runs. I mostly run on the treadmill (I live in the country and often run at night, no safe place to run) and she's there to answer my questions about run simulation, pace, form, breathing, etc. I mention these two in case anyone is looking for additional help!

Nate shared this article (http://www.t-nation.com/training/10-mistakes-women-make-in-the-gym) on Facebook this morning and I thought it interesting. When I started with weights I was really scared because I didn't want to "bulk up and look like a dude". He reassured me that won't happen! He's right! With the weight off, I'm working to tone and get the body I want!




1 comment: