Happy Thursday! Yay-only one more day to go!
Feeling sad this morning with the death of Maya Angelou. A woman who stayed true to herself and on the path God set for her. Her obstacles were challenging, but she she rose up and kept walking, head high, smile wide. What a great lesson, eh? Looking back I've set (or had placed) obstacles that I thought were too difficult: starting a business, losing 80 pounds, regain some self-esteem. Each time I remember thinking "why"? But, as my sweet friend, the late, oh so GREAT Catherine "khaki" Jones would say, "why not"? Anything worth having is worth working for. Change your attitude, conquer the world! Well, obstacle anyway! It's always worth it in the end! Make it great!
One of my favorite sayings is, "Without rain, nothing grows." I think this is true in the people we become, our writing, and even in trying to get the healthiest body we can have. Maya Angelou was such an incredible (and accessible) writer. I tend to think not in spite of the hardships she overcame, but because of them. She and Billy Collins are my two favorite poets to share with children.
ReplyDelete