Saturday, May 24, 2014

Cami - Introduction

Hello everybody!

My name is Cami Ripol and I am Maria's sister. That means I am also Puerto Rican of Cuban parents.  I live in Orlando with my husband Scott, our two kids, Mati and Diego (6 and 8, respectively), our cat Severus and our dog Jango, who became part of the family in January and now pretty much rules our little kingdom.

I am a Spanish editor and translator at Walt Disney World. We moved here from Denver 10 years ago so I could accept the position.  Love my job, hate the bureaucracy and red tape that comes with it.

If you haven't noticed from my posts, I curse like a sailor. I can control it most times. I can also be pretty raunchy. I also can control that most times.

I am a chronic migraineur, which means migraines affect my life more than 15 days out of the month. It wasn't always that way, but several years ago I got a migraine that didn't go away for about two years. It's a long, complicated story with a good ending: I now take daily meds that allow me to function at a pretty high level a lot of the time, even if I feel migraine symptoms. During those two years I gained twenty pounds, which I've since lost (plus an extra 10) by doing the previous challenges with Annie, Heidi, Kristina and Maria. I still want to continue being as healthy as I can be, partly through eating well and exercising, which is a big part of why I am doing this challenge with all of you. I'm telling those who don't know me because often, if I am having a crappy migraine day/s, that will make for crappy decisions when eating and exercising, and make me whine a bit (no, honestly A LOT) before things go back to manageable.  

Three words to describe me: mercuric (according to hubby), compassionate and happy.

I love to hike and swim. I normally exercise at the gym or walk outside. I try to climb up from the first to the fourth floor at work every time I need to go the bathroom to get some more exercise in. But you can imagine how that is going with all the water we're supposed to be drinking!

I love to cook but am prone to relying way too much on convenience food during the week if things get hectic. I love to travel and explore near and far from our home and live in a constant state of wanderlust. I like to do arts and crafts to relax and center myself.

I am so happy to be doing this challenge with all of you! Looking forward to meeting so many new people and keeping in touch with those I already know.




4 comments:

  1. Love that your pup's name is Severus!! Kinda a huge Potter geek! Also a huge Disney freak! Glad to share this with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got Severus when I was pregnant with my second child. My hubby said either the kid or the cat had to be called Severus. Kitty got the name, obviously!

      Delete
  2. Ha ha- working for Disney, you may have been fired for naming the baby Severus, so it was definetly the right choice!

    ReplyDelete