HI Everyone,
I'm Lisa, and I'm a Gainesville native (yup! Born here). I know Kristina and Maria mostly because our kids went to the same elementary school (Littlewood) and we worked together to start an exercise program called Morning Mile there. We've been good friends ever since. Basic stats about me: 52 years old, married almost 25 years, one daughter(age 14), I work as a veterinarian, have two wonderful four-legged children (dogs) named Cliff and Snert (both rescues from the shelter). I know many of the other members of this group thru Littlewood, mutual friends, and book club, but I am looking forward to getting to know the rest of you better!
My personal health goals: I have always loved exercise, and for the most part, I feel like I eat a pretty healthy diet. But have found as I reach this "golden era" of my life, that 10-15 lbs have crept on over the last few years without my permission! I also have a few weaknesses food-wise that I know are unhealthy and just never seemed to be able to stop (mainly snack type salty treats…french fries, chips, cheezits etc…) So my diet plan is simply stopping those, and I'm also trying No wheat and No added sugar for a few months. So far I feel much better and I'm hopeful I will achieve my "fighting weight" again in a few months. It really helps listening to everyone's helpful tips and support though. Especially about the water thing!! I THOUGHT I was a decent water drinker, but when actually measuring it, I found I fell way short of what I SHOULD be drinking!
Favorite exercises: running, yoga, and Jillian Michaels exercise videos.
Three words used to describe me: (provided by my daughter): Naturalistic, fun-loving and wrinkly :-)
Cheers, Lisa
Lisa - good to see you can post!!! And I disagree with Margaret's "wrinkly" comment.
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa! Glad to have met you one of my last visits to Gainesville and happy to get to know you better thru this challenge! Have you ever heard of roasted chickpeas? (Good for Babette too). Never had them but plan on making them. From what I have read they are a good substitute for chips and that kind of stuff. Most are made with a bit of oil, but one recipe called for roasting dry. Once I find it I'll share.
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa! Yay for natives! :)
ReplyDelete