Thursday, May 29, 2014

who is up for a trip to the Hipp to see Fed Up?

We could go see the movie and then go to Maude's for a cup of tea and discuss it.  Seems like it might be good inspiration for us to stay off of sugar PLUS it would give us a chance to meet one another.  Here is a review of it.... 
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2014/05/07/why-we-all-need-to-see-the-movie-fed-up




FED UP 

  

BUY TICKETS

May 31 - June 12
  • Grand Jury Prize Nominee — Sundance Film Festival
"Soechtig puts mainstream clout to work to deliver a hard-hitting message. Her mix of archival material, punchy graphics and concise talking-head commentary traces a troubling modern history." —Los Angeles Times
"'Fed Up' has a fire in its belly to change things. Naïve? Maybe. So what. I say, Godspeed. Here is something rare at the multiplex: a movie that matters." —Rolling Stone
"Toggling between profiles of kids struggling with their weight and a wider look at the evolution of processed foods. 'Fed Up' presents a watertight case that there's something deeply wrong with the way we eat." —New York Post
For the past 30 years, everything we thought we knew about food and exercise is dead wrong.Fed Up is the film the food industry doesn’t want you to see. From Katie Couric, Laurie David (Oscar winning producer of An Inconvenient Truth) and director Stephanie Soechtig, Fed Upwill change the way you eat forever. The film opens in theaters across the country on May 9th. (C) Official Site
1hr 32min | English | PG
Tickets and showtimes will be available soon!
Directed by: Stephanie Soechtig





12 comments:

  1. click on the Trailer link and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Also a nice way to meet you amazing ladies in person! I'm a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in too! Hopefully we can find a day/time that works for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll go! I'll be out of town from Monday through June 7th. If the time coincides with when I am here, I'd love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to see it with everyone. I could make it if we went this Saturday -- do you think that might be possible? Otherwise I'll be in China for most of the other showings. Back June 10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about the 4pm showing on Saturday....then we could have time to discuss it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be there! Have been wanting to see this movie! Anyone mind if I bring my daughter?
    Do we need to buy tickets ahead

    ReplyDelete
  8. : (
    Wish I could go. Have fun everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok I just bought 2 tickets for me and my daughter! If she doesn't want to go, I'll have a spare for someone else. See you then!

    ReplyDelete