Thursday, June 5, 2014

Checking in!

Hi all- I've been having a rough couple of days but it's almost to Friday. I'm adjusting some meds and trying to get off of them but I seem to keep hitting a big roadblock just when I think I'm there. Also having a hard time with my kids- the end of the school year is supposed to be a fun time but they are making it hell for me! Tues and Wed were difficult days with food and exercise- super busy at work and home. Sugar got the best of me and I didn't make time to exercise. My hubby said some things to upset me so I was feeling angry at him but I am determined to not let it get in the way of my healthy goals. Feeling better today. I've been making green smoothies for breakfast the last few days. So yummy! I love it when I start my day with one. It feels like drinking sunshine! (thanks to my friend, Ellen, who taught me her recipe.) Thanks for letting me vent- feeling healthier already! ~Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. Hope your weekend gets better, Stephanie.
    Would you share your smoothie recipe?
    I've had a couple off days, too. Mine are through general busy-ness, and hormonal changes (which I am unfortunately never aware of until after-the-fact

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie,
    Hang in there! I've been having a not so good week either... As of last Sunday I had lost a pound, and then I stepped on the scale Tuesday and I was up 4 pounds!!! WTF?
    I had never seen the scale do that in such a short time, but I remember it happening to Kristina before and let me tell you, t's so discouraging...

    This week I feel like the world is coming down on me - there's definitely some family dynamics causing a lot of stress. Teenagers and summer without plans are NOT the best combination. But still, my reaction to it seems disproportionate. I'm hoping that, like Julie Anne, it's due to hormonal changes - this stupid perimenopause thing!

    Here's hoping everyone has a calm, productive, happy weekend!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo for those tough days! The most important thing is to remember to be kind to yourself....each morning is another chance to start fresh and make good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny (coincidence-like) to read all the blogs. I'm a bit behind this week. I wonder if it has something to do with looking forward to the kids being off for the summer and then realizing that we are not off for the summer? I'm wondering because I had a bumpy week too-moody and going back to food to comfort me. And i'm already fully menapausal so I've got that going for me (not!).

    So glad to have the group, it's nice to know that we all struggle, feel bad about it and then have others to help us with attitude adjustments!

    ReplyDelete