Sunday, June 15, 2014

socca ! not soccer, which also gets an exclamation point at my house.

Socca with roasted veggies....yummy dinner...easy to make and so delicious.  It tastes sinful even though it is not.
I loved the walk this morning...you all are serious walkers.  Holy crapola!


6 comments:

  1. Yum! I would love a recipe! Is the crust made of egg, like a fritata? I'm off to throw more money at my dentist, but when I come back I will research this thing you call a socca!

    I had such fun walking with you all on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, it is basically chickpea flour, salt, pepper, Olive oil and water....baked in oiled cake pans and then topped with roasted veggies that you have on hand. I roasted the veggies while I prepared the batter. It does have to rest for half an hour so build that into your plan. It comes out very chewy and you get to eat it with your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Laura! I am reading about its origins now. Originally from Genoa, but later a typical food from Nice to Pisa. Interesting, as I've been to Nice many times (my husband is from there) and I have never seen it there. Pizza is (arguably) said to have originated in Nice, perhaps when it was under Italian rule, but my favorite Nice treat is hand made ravioli. In my next life, I will be a gastrogeographer, as I find the origins of food and how it travels around the world fascinating. I think I will make one with Swiss chard this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie - they sell it all over Nice, but just street vendors that make it on huge pans, I can't believe you've never seen it!

    ReplyDelete