Big week for Laura! She got a perfect points week, as did Robyn for the second time in a row, but Laura leads in weight loss as well! Congrats!
We had 6 people show up for our walk on Sunday - Laura, Robyn, Susan, Annie, Kristina and myself. We walked for an hour and a half from Westside Park down 8th Ave, and twice running the hill to get to 22nd St. Susan calls it Hamburger Hill, because that's what your knees would look like if you fall down - but we didn't :) It was a good workout, and great catching up with and meeting some wonderful ladies. We should plan to do something like this again.
I was quite proud of myself. I have never been a runner, and my knees have been given me trouble since I was 13 and I hurt myself, but since losing these almost 40 pounds I was inspired by Heidi to use a Couch to 5K app and introduce running slowly into my walking workouts. I don't follow it religiously but use it to pace myself so I don't do too much too fast and injure myself which is what usually happens. And I was able to run that hill which a few months ago would have been impossible for me! You may notice on the standings that several of us (me the worst!) have negative weight losses. But I went to my Face2Face appointment at GHFC yesterday, and even though my weight is a couple of pounds higher than when we started 4 weeks ago, I have lost half an inch on my hips and my waist (thanks, AbChallenge!) so I am feeling good about myself. Weight fluctuates, and like I said from the beginning, my goal is really to maintain and tone.
I'm going to Puerto Rico tomorrow for ten days (woohoo!!!) and will have limited internet access, so next week's update may be a little late. My email issues were only with Babette and Kristina - I got their emails eventually, but not until many hours later. Maybe it was the survey monkey link looking suspicious, or maybe my ufl account was down for a bit... In any case, I got everyone's info EXCEPT for Julie Anne. With her crazy 12 hour work shifts I think she hasn't had a chance to send her info.
Ok ladies, four weeks down and four to go! Even if you've been slacking off a bit, remember who you're doing this for - yourself. Make each day count.
This is your challenge for WEEK 5 - GET ONE PERFECT POINT DAY.
If you're already doing that, get as many as you can in one week.
If Robyn and Laura can do it for an entire week, we can all do it for one day, right?
Way to go, Laura!!
ReplyDeleteWoot woot, Laura!! You are AMAZING!!
ReplyDeleteLadies, you got this!! I know this is a competition, but the only person I'm really competing with is the one staring back at me in the mirror! Remember why you opted in to do take on this challenge! You are WARRIORS and with each day get stronger and better!! Have the best day you can make it!