Good Morning! Breakfast with 1/2 cup of mushrooms and onion, 1/2 cup chickpeas and 3 cups of spinach. I also added some salsa verde for some kick. Veggies...check! Plus, 1/2 cup of blueberries.
The picture below is the Watermelon Jerky that I made yesterday...very chewy, so delicious and soothes that sweet tooth. With a couple servings of this today my fruits are checked off as well.
Happy Thursday, Everyone!
Wow - what a way to start your day!! How do you make watermelon jerky? Never heard of it.
ReplyDeleteit is just dehydrated watermelon...but the flavor is really concentrated and yummy. We dehydrate a lot of fruit. Lily is going out of town so we are also making fruit leather for her to take so she can get in her fruit servings.
ReplyDeleteWow that looks delicious. I have jetlag and woke up at 2:30am. Breakfast is not served until 7am. I am hungry! And missing home. This is a very interesting trip, but there are a lot of things to have anxiety about. There is not a lot of English spoken or written on signs in Changchun. So my latest anxiety involves managing to get onto my flight to Shanghai on Monday morning. I'm sure it will probably be fine, but part of me worries, what if I miss that flight, then what will I do? Needless to say, I'm not focused at all on the HHWL challenge this week. My main concerns involve not getting hit by a car (the driving here is absolutely insane and crossing the street is sheer terror -- one definitely must cross the street in a group, any group, of people to make sure the cars can see people), not getting sick (can I eat the salad at the family style dinner or the breakfast buffet? better not try it...), trying to get over the jetlag, figuring out how to text a Chinese cell phone (so that I can text the conference organizer if I need help. Every AT&T representative has told me something different. so frustrating...), and of course, trying to develop plans A, B, C, and D to make sure I can actually leave this place on Monday!
ReplyDeleteHope you all have a great day! It is Friday morning here.