Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 6 Standings and Evaluation

Annie had a perfect points week - congrats! - and several others had good solid weeks - Robyn, Lily, Susan, Heidi. On weight loss we still have Laura in the lead, but remember she's out of town until the end of the challenge, and we have her daughter Lily and Susan right behind her....

Two more weeks to go! I'd like to know how everyone feels about the challenge and if you guys are interested in doing it again, either right away or in a few weeks, and what if anything you'd like to change. Please use the comments (or email) to let us know!

Questions:
  1. Would you like to do a challenge like this again? If so, starting right away, or wait until classes start in August?
  2. How would you feel about forming teams that compete for the prize money? Would knowing your teammates are counting on you give you extra incentive to do better?
  3. Any other ideas to improve the format?


5 comments:

  1. 1. I would do it again, but prefer to start in August
    2. I think the teams are a great incentive, but we'd need to balance them somehow...
    3. your turn

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I would do it again! I think waiting until August is a great idea though.
    2. Teams the second time around may be more motivating! I think it may help to "pull your weight" if you don't want to let others down!
    3. Can't think of any changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I would do the challenge again. I think at least a couple of weeks off is good practice to see how one does on their own. A contemplative time, if you will.
    2. I'm unfamiliar with this but I'm fine with anything.
    3. I have only thought about this the past few days. Would I prefer to be in a challenge of even more like-minded folks, which for me is also losing weight. And I'm still trying to decide. It probably is a good idea to have a wider variety, because then I see how the "other half" live too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy the camaraderie and motivation the challenge brings, but I am tiring of focusing so much time (mainly filling in the charts) thinking about my body/weight/shape. Does that make sense? If we do it again, however, I would be up for it. Perhaps we could revise the chart too?

    ReplyDelete